We are currently looking to employ an Associate - Infrastructure Engineer to join our team based in Farringdon, London.
A highly motivated civil engineer to assist in the management of projects within the civil engineering team at associate level, reporting to a director.
An attractive package including pension, 25 days holiday and other benefits. Depending on experience and skill set, we are able to offer a position with suitable seniority. A permanent position with excellent prospects of career progression. Salary negotiable.
As a senior member of staff the responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Managing projects effectively and efficiently
- Exercising financial control over projects and assisting in assessing fees
- Acting as project director and a key client interface at a technical level
- Providing technical support to the building structures team
- Assisting in the development of new technology and ways of working
- Promoting and developing multi-disciplinary working
- Providing client care and development
- Technical background
- Commercial acumen
- People management
- Project management
- Financial management
Applicants need to possess an excellent technical background in civil engineering. They need to be good communicators and team workers and be able to demonstrate experience in managing and leading projects across a range of industry sectors. They need to be enthusiastic, pro-active and able to work on their own initiative. They need to be open to change and continual improvement. A high level of IT literacy is essential, together with a desire to nurture and develop the team members to maximise their full potential.
- A recognised engineering degree
- Ideally CEng MIStructE or MICE
- Applicants must have relevant experience in the management and delivery of design for major projects
- A good grounding as a general practitioner is also essential, with a thorough understanding of the interaction required between other disciplines associated with building design
- The ability to integrate well into wider project teams is essential, working closely with architects and other construction professionals to develop designs from early concept stage through to final construction issue information
- A familiarity with relevant design codes is essential. A working understanding of Eurocodes will also be advantageous.
- As an individual of high calibre, candidates shall have had exposure to clients, designers, contractors and builders. Through the effectiveness of their technical design and management the candidate should be able to demonstrate how these relationships have led to the delivery of excellence and the development of client relationships