We are currently looking to employ a Director - Infrastructure to join our team based in Old Street, London.
A highly motivated chartered engineer to assist in the management and development of our infrastructure business, reporting to a board director.
An attractive package including pension, 25 days holiday and other benefits. Depending on experience and skill set, we are able to offer a position with suitable seniority. A permanent position with excellent prospects of career progression. Salary negotiable.
As a senior member of staff the responsibilities shall include, but shall not be limited to the following:
- Client care and business development
- Management of the team and projects
- Financial performance and control
- Technical support to the infrastructure team
- Development of new skills, technology and ways of working
- Promoting and developing multi-disciplinary working across the company
- Client care
- Business development
- Technical background
- Commercial acumen
- People management
- Project management
- Financial management
Applicants need to possess an excellent technical background across all areas of infrastructure. They need to be good communicators and team workers and be able to demonstrate experience in business development and managing and leading projects across a range of industry sectors. They need to be enthusiastic, pro-active and able to work on their own initiative. They need to be open to change and continual improvement.
- A recognised engineering degree.
- Chartered with relevant institutions.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have approximately 20+ years experience in the field of infrastructure.
- Applicants must have relevant experience of business development, plus the management and delivery of design for infrastructure projects.
- A good grounding as a general practitioner is also essential, with a thorough understanding of the interaction required between other disciplines. The ability to integrate well into wider project teams is essential, working closely with architects and other construction professionals to develop designs from early concept stage through to final construction stage.
- A familiarity with relevant design codes is essential. A working understanding of Eurocodes will also be advantageous.
- As an individual of high calibre, candidates shall have had exposure to clients, designers, project managers and contractors. Through the effectiveness of their technical design and management, the candidate should be able to demonstrate how these relationships have led to the delivery of excellence and the development of client relationships.