We are currently looking to employ a resident engineer to join our team based in Old Street, London.
AKT II is currently looking for a resident engineer to join our progressive design-led consultancy which, over recent years, has been recognised as one of the most successful cutting-edge practices in its field, collaborating with architects, developers and contractors both in the UK and internationally. Formed in 1996, we have grown consistently on the back of a reputation for innovation, creativity and delivery, and, as a consequence, have won numerous awards.
What is the role?
This position is for a resident engineer based in Central London. The role will require a technically strong and hands-on individual and cover the following specific duties/responsibilities:
- Liaising with local authorities and other members of the project team during all stages of the project, the bulk of the design work being undertaken in our London office
- Support the senior resident engineer liaising with the main contractor to ensure that they understand what is required in terms of safety and the required quality of workmanship of the final product
- Assist the senior resident engineer to monitor quality and progress of works on site
- Provide on-site guidance / engineering support to the main contractor for the primary structure
- Assist the senior resident engineer to respond to contractor queries and RFIs, providing solutions to technical problems where possible, without the need to refer them back to our London office
You will need to be a good communicator and team worker, able to provide expertise and guidance, as well as able to develop relationships with clients, design team and contractors. You will need to be enthusiastic, pro-active and able to work on your own initiative.
We'd like to here from you if you have
- Specialist experience in chosen field
- Experience of working on site and good knowledge of CDM 2015 requirements
- Experience of leading large or complex projects
- Relevant industry experience
- Detailed or expert knowledge in technical field or market sector
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Full member of a professional body with appropriate professional qualifications
- Experienced chartered engineer (IStructE or ICE)
- 8+ years' experience in the area of structural engineering
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive benefits package
- An environment which allows you to develop your knowledge and experience
- Technically challenging projects that will strengthen and challenge your skills
- A supportive and friendly team, based in an excellent working environment where everyone is respected and shares in our success