We are currently looking to employ a French speaking Senior Structural Engineer to join our structural engineering team based in Farringdon, London.
An experienced structural engineer who will lead small teams and collaborate with other building professionals to produce structural engineering design for various projects throughout the UK and internationally.
A fluent French speaker, ideally as a first language.
An attractive package including pension, 25 days holiday and other benefits. Depending on experience and skill set, we are able to offer a position with the suitable seniority. Permanent position with excellent prospects of career progression. Salary negotiable.
- Attendance at project meetings, liaising with other disciplines and producing a detailed design and specification to meet with design and construction programmes
- Ensuring the coordination of design and detailing work appropriate to the project
- Contribution to internal management of projects and associated resourcing appropriate to experience and capability
- Reporting to associates, depending upon the project and the individual
- Native French speaker or suitable and appropriate language qualifications, such as Cambridge English Language Assessment or Common European Framework of Reference for Languages C1 or C2, would be essential.
- Experienced Chartered Engineer (IStructE or ICE), recently charted or near-chartered.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have at least 5+ years experience in the area of structural engineering.
- Sound knowledge of structural design in concrete and steel structures, as well as experience in other structural materials.
- Computer literate with knowledge of design and analysis programmes.
- Understanding of the CDM Regulations and designers responsibilities.
- The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability.