We are seeking to employ an Assistant Legal and Commercial Counsel to work within our London based office.
What is the role?
We are currently looking for a highly-motivated assistant legal counsel to support our legal team. Initially covering a period of 6-month maternity leave, you will work under the supervision and support of the legal director/company secretary and managing director with your key responsibilities including working with the legal and commercial counsel to provide legal support across the company as a whole.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drafting and negotiating construction, engineering and infrastructure contracts, consultant appointments, sub-consultant appointments, and other construction documentation.
- Advising on general commercial contracts across the business.
- Report regularly to the legal director/company secretary and managing director on project status and participate in team meetings (including coordination with other group businesses).
- Ensure that relevant documents are filed in Legal Department database/folders.
- Monitoring for and advising the business on new and proposed UK legislation, regulation and guidance with direct input on GDPR strategy.
- Support a collaborative and proactive relationship with other group businesses where required and attend any required meetings to support wider commercial issues under the guidance of the legal director/company secretary and managing director.
- Support the implementation of new business processes.
We’d like to hear from you if you have/are
- Sound legal and commercial experience.
- Good organisational qualities and an ability to work on numerous tasks concurrently.
- Experience of advising on/negotiating/drafting/managing commercial contracts (ideally in the professional services sector) across multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with multiple business functions.
- Experience of rigorous analysis of complex issues as well as proven delivery of pragmatic solutions to problems.
- An incisive, open-minded and strategic thinker who can diplomatically and effectively resolve issues.
- A natural communicator who is able to present ideas articulately and openly; with the ability to effectively influence people at all levels.
- Knowledge of current and emerging legislation.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and cope with peak workloads.
- Capability to prioritise workload without supervision.
- Previous experience working in a fast-growing, agile, adaptable commercial environment preferred and in-house experience desirable, but not essential.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Law or Legal Practice Course qualification/equivalent.
- 2-5 years PQE (aptitude and personality culture-fit will be given significantly greater weight over PQE in assessment) as a lawyer, legal executive, contracts manager or senior paralegal or equivalent with commercial contracts experience, preferably in the construction consultancy industry.