We are seeking to employ an associate engineer to work within our Cambridge office.
What is the role?
This particular position would be best suited to a highly motivated, experienced senior engineer to lead an innovative team within a design-led company to work in our Cambridge offices.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects both inside and outside of the UK, including several high-profile projects. See our projects here: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing projects effectively and efficiently
- Exercising financial control over projects and assisting in assessing fees
- Acting as Project Director and a key client interface at a technical level
- Providing technical support to the building structures team
- Assisting in the development of new technology and ways of working
- Promoting and developing multi-disciplinary working
- Providing Client care and development
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Believe you can provide exceptional care and attention to our clients, maintaining and building both professional and personal relationships.
- Have proven experience in business development.
- Have a strong technical background.
- Can display excellent commercial acumen skills.
- Have the ability to both manage projects and people efficiently and effectively.
- As well as the skills required to manage finances.
- Can communicate well both internally and externally.
- Have a high level of IT literacy.
- Have a desire to nurture and develop team members to maximise their full potential.
Qualifications / Experience
- A recognised engineering degree
- Ideally CEng MIStructE / MICE
- A good grounding as a general practitioner is also essential, with a thorough understanding of the interaction required between other disciplines associated with building design. The ability to integrate well into wider project teams is essential working closely with architects and other construction professionals to develop designs from early concept stage through to final construction issue information.
- A familiarity with relevant design codes is essential. A working understanding of Eurocodes will also be advantageous.
- As an individual of high calibre, candidates shall have had exposure to clients, designers, contractors and builders. Through the effectiveness of their technical design and management, the candidate should be able to demonstrate how these relationships have led to the delivery of excellence and the development of client relationships.