We are seeking to employ Design Engineers to work within our London based office.
What is the role?
The position would be best suited to an experienced design engineer, with a desire to work alongside an innovative group within a design-led company. You would be working within our London office with a team of engineers working on many different projects both inside and outside the UK.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects, and our current workload includes several high-profile projects. See our project page for examples: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for engineering aspects of design projects from inception to completion in a range of sectors, including commercial, industrial and education (among others) both in the UK and internationally.
- Producing detailed designs to meet with design and construction programmes.
- Liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the co-ordination of design and detailing work appropriate to projects.
- Carrying out structural surveys of building / desk study’s and providing initial advice on any issues that may arise.
- Preparation of conceptual and outline designs for structural schemes with support of the wider team.
- Preparation of detailed design calculations to British Standards, Eurocodes and relevant design guidance notes using relevant 3D software packages.
- Preparation of detailed design drawings and specifications for Tender purposes.
- Responding to Client requests for information.
- Supporting the production of Construction information for issue to Contractors.
- Visiting sites during the Construction phase to monitor progress and provide advice to Contractors.
- Day-to-day support to colleagues from other disciplines within the office.
- Attend team meetings with both internal and external disciplines.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have experience of structural design in concrete and steel structures, as well as experience in other structural materials.
- Are computer literate with knowledge of design and analysis programmes.
- Have a desire to work constructively in a team, finding holistic building design solutions
- Have experience of working with Eurocodes and British Standards.
- Have an understanding of the CDM Regulations and designers responsibilities.
- Have good analytical skills
- Are computer literate
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
- Have an interest in good Architecture
Qualifications / Experience
- Good degree in Structural / Civil Engineering
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability
- You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, and you will be supported towards Chartership through IStructE / ICE.