We are seeking to employ a Façade Engineer to work within our London based office, under our AKT II Envelopes team.
What is the role?
The role is best suited to a Façade Engineer with design/detailing aptitude, who is seeking to work in a team, collaborating with architects and other building professionals to design and deliver the envelope for high spec buildings in the UK and abroad.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design of project details under the guidance of a team leader or Associate Director.
- Producing concept sketches, detailed designs, calculations and reports in accordance with project programmes.
- Liaising with other disciplines and ensuring the coordination of design and detailing work appropriate to the project.
- Review and evaluate design deliverables to advise on compliance with specifications and industry guidance/standards.
- Coordinate with project teams to resolve project related issues and ensure deliverables are met.
- Maintain internal document control of drawings.
- Edit specifications to clarify the technical requirements of the design.
- Review facade contractor’s tender returns and design submissions.
- Witness testing of facade systems.
- Undertake factory visits and site inspections.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have experience of developing and presenting ideas to architects, clients and contractors in meetings.
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and develop concepts using hand sketches.
- Are competent in 2D and 3D CAD software, preferably Revit and Strand.
- Have an understanding of the principles governing thermal performance, condensation risk, etc and how they are applied in facade design.
- Have an understanding of how the principles of structural mechanics are applied in facade design.
- Have the ability to research and evaluate materials and system options to keep knowledge up-to-date.
- Have knowledge of materials and installation techniques.
- Have the ability to compile well-written text with suitable images.
- Have a familiarity with facade system designs, fabrication and assembly techniques.
- Have a working knowledge of relevant National/International standards and codes for facades.
- Have the ability to understand and react to design changes and budget constraints.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant degree (Facade Engineering, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Structural Engineering, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience as;
- a facade consultant or
- a designer for specialist facade subcontractor, or
- an architectural technician specialising in facades.