We are seeking to employ Graduate Façade Engineers to work within our London based office.
What is the role?
The role is best suited to a Graduate Façade Engineer with design/detailing aptitude, who is seeking to work in a team, collaborating with architects and other building professionals to design and deliver the envelope for high spec buildings in the UK and abroad.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects, and our current workload includes several high-profile projects. See our project page for examples: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing concept sketches, detailed designs, calculations and reports as directed by a Team Leader or Associate Director
- Carry out concept designs, detailed designs and prepare associated reports, calculations, specifications etc., as required
- Liaising with other disciplines to coordinate designs under the guidance of Team Leader or Associate Director
- Edit specifications to clarify the technical requirements of the design
- Review façade contractor’s tender returns, designs and calculations
- Witness testing of façade systems
- Undertake factory visits and site inspections
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have the ability to communicate ideas and develop concepts using hand sketches
- Are competent in 2D and 3D CAD software, preferably Revit and Strand.
- Understand the principles governing thermal performance, condensation risk etc and how these are applied in façade design
- Understand structural constraints within façade design
- Have the ability to investigate and evaluate materials and system options.
- Have the ability to compile well-written texts with suitable images.
Qualifications / Experience
- Relevant degree (Façade Engineering, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Structural Engineering, etc.)
- Placements with design, engineering or manufacturing companies, before, during or after education.