We are looking to employ a Regional Director for our offices in Manchester to join the AKT II team.
What is the role?
This particular position would be best suited to a highly motivated, chartered structural engineer at director level to lead our Manchester office. The role in question will be to work closely with existing AKT II directors (based in our London office) and help develop and grow the regional business.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of refurbishment and heritage projects, and our current workload includes several high-profile, historic buildings. Click for examples.
Your responsibilities will include the following, but are not limited to:
- Working with a specific focus on client care and assisting in the growth and development of the business.
- Managing the office and ensuring that all projects run effectively and efficiently.
- Exercising financial control for all aspects of the office, as well as those of the individual projects.
- Preparation of commercial proposals and project submissions.
- Providing technical support and guidance to staff.
- Assisting in the development of new technology and ways of working.
- Promoting and developing multi-disciplinary working.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Provide exceptional care and attention to our clients, maintaining and building both professional and personal relationships.
- Have proven experience in business development.
- Have a strong technical background.
- Can display excellent commercial acumen skills.
- Have the ability to both manage projects and people efficiently and effectively.
- As well as the skills required to manage finances.
Qualifications and Experience
- A recognised engineering degree.
- CEng MI StructE/MICE.
- 20 years or more working in the field of Building Structures.
- Proven experience in business development – including the management and delivery of major building projects.
- Familiarity with relevant design codes in concrete, steel and timber design is essential. An understanding of Eurocodes would be ideal but it is not essential.
- Experiencing in working alongside clients, designers, contractors and builders as well as demonstrative experience of how client relationships have been developed – through the effectiveness of your technical design and management.
- A thorough understanding of the interaction between other principles associated with building design.
- A proven ability of integrating wider team projects, including working closely with architects as well as other construction professionals developing designs from early concept stages right through final construction issue information.