We are seeking to employ Resident Engineers to work within Central London.
What is the role?
The position would be best suited to an experienced engineer who is a technically strong and hands-on individual with a desire to work alongside an innovative, design-led company. You would be working with our teams of engineers who work on many different projects both inside and outside the UK.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects, and our current workload includes several high-profile projects. See our project page for examples: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Liaising with Local Authorities and other members of the Project Team during all stages of the project, the bulk of the design work being undertaken in our London office.
- Liaise with the Main Contractor to ensure that they understand what is required in terms of safety and the required quality of workmanship of the final product.
- Monitor quality and progress of works on site.
- Provide on-site guidance/engineering support to the Main Contractor for the Primary Structure.
- Respond to Contractor queries and RFI’s, providing solutions to technical problems where possible, without the need to refer them back to our London office.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Can provide expertise and guidance in chosen field.
- Are able to develop relationships with the Client, Design Team and Contractors.
- Can lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of others.
- Have the ability to work independently.
- Have recognised management experience and/or training.
- Have specialist experience in chosen field.
- Have experience of working on-site and good knowledge of CDM 2015 requirements.
- Have experience of leading large or complex projects.
- Have relevant industry experience.
- Have detailed or expert knowledge in the technical field or market sector.
- Have degree level or equivalent experience.
- Are a full member of a professional body with appropriate professional qualifications.
Qualifications / Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the area of Structural Engineering.
- Experienced Chartered Engineer (IStructE or ICE).