We are seeking to employ Senior CAD Technicians to work within our Manchester office.
What is the role?
As a Senior CAD Technician, you will be an integral part of a young and dynamic design team, working on some of the most exciting and complex projects throughout the UK and worldwide. As part of the engineering team, you will support engineering design projects from inception to practical completion in commercial, health, retail, industrial, education, hotels, leisure and other specialist sectors.
AKT II has delivered a wide variety of projects both inside and outside of the UK, including several high-profile projects. See our projects here: https://akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of general CAD drawings using Revit/AutoCAD and other propriety design software in accordance with the companies CAD procedure.
- The preparation and updating of the 3D CAD Model.
- The preparation of engineering drawings and submissions.
- Assist the wider team adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria as per Company guidelines.
- Scheduling and maintaining a drawing programme to meet the Client’s time frame.
- Collaborate and Coordinate with other disciplines design-changes and model challenges.
- Supporting the Company's effort to create plugins for import and export of models.
- Assisting and supporting other team members with their work and learning.
- Comply with the project IMS, CDM regulations and other relevant Safety and Environmental legislation where relevant
- Assisting with the production of project documentation.
- Manage the AKT II drawing control and filing systems.
- Using Client based intranet and common data environment sites to upload and retrieve drawings.
- Day-to-day support of the wider engineering team.
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- Sound knowledge of concrete and steel building structures, as well as experience in other structural materials.
- Significant experience working with modern CAD and/or 3D modelling software (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit).
- Are able to communicate effectively across a multi-discipline team.
- Have knowledge/experience in interoperability between applications.
- Have an appreciation of relevant British Standards.
- The ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- The ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organize parts of projects.
- Good analytical skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
Qualifications / Experience
- Qualifications in STEM subjects preferred
- A degree or HND / HNC in Construction & Built Environment desirable
- Experience, competency and flexibility to rise to challenging situations and take on responsibility appropriate to their capability
- You will have the opportunity over time to assume greater levels of responsibility and autonomy as your professional skills develop, and you will be supported through working towards a recognised qualification.