We are seeking to employ a software developer to work within our p.art team at our London based office.
What is the role?
The role is best suited to an experienced software developer who is looking for a new opportunity to work on developing custom software within the AKT II digital toolkit framework (re.AKT). The role requires researching into data-driven design, material and digital simulation, complex geometry, simulation, computer graphics, artificial vision, IOT developing interactive tools for design and manufacture.
Reporting to Associate/Associate Director, as a software developer your responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coding/development work.
- BIM and Computation platform extensions.
- Interoperability tools.
- Cloud-based analysis engines (performance, environmental, spatial, etc).
- Web dashboards and data visualisation.
- Mobile development (iOS, Android).
- Project-specific applications.
- Technical software design for bespoke solutions and integrations.
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Provide training and guidance to engineers within the office, in order to improve deployment and usage of the developed software solutions within the common workflows of AKT II.
- Support with the development and securing of projects and some client interaction during delivery.
- Supporting delivery and improving software development lifecycle and processes.
We’d like to hear from you if you
- Have strong programming skills
- Have experience in designing and developing software applications
- Have a high proficiency in .NET, C#, Python and Java
- Have a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented software design
- Have experience with open-source software development
- Are proficient in web development and C++ (advantageous)
- Have experience with user-interface and user experience (advantageous)
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of industry experience