We are seeking to employ a Technical Writer to work within our London based office.
What is the role?
AKT II is seeking a Technical Copywriter to help support the leadership team and join our bids team. We are now looking for a team-spirited, skilled and creative individual with attention to detail and a flair for creativity. The role is full time, based in Central London and is a great opportunity for a proactive, open-minded individual, who can hit the ground running.
Reporting to the Strategic Marketing Director, the principal responsibility of the Technical Copywriter is to ensure high written standards in AKT II’s and interdisciplinary bid submissions within the wider UK group.
As a key member of the appointed bid team, the Technical Writer plays a key role in achieving our growth objectives by supporting the business throughout the bid process and delivering compelling copy in line with the company’s brand, position and processes.
For more information on AKT II and the type of projects the practice is involved with please refer to our website www.akt-uk.com/projects
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Liaising with the bid team to deliver required technical copy for all AKT II and interdisciplinary bid submissions within the wider UK group.
- Deliver elements of both technical writing (ensuring complex technical information is written in a way that is understandable to non-technical readers) and copywriting (ensuring our expertise is presented in a positive and persuasive manner).
- Ensure all work-winning bid submissions are in line with the AKT II tone of voice, house style and brand, and acts as a champion of high-quality writing.
- Editing technical information written by our subject matter experts to ensure it is easy to understand, as well as writing original material such as case studies, executive summaries and bespoke CVs and other business documentation.
- Repurpose and edit existing copy.
- Taking a proactive role in the writing of standard content, CVs and project sheets and profiles etc. - closing gaps where possible by interviewing/questioning relevant parts of the business.
- Taking the lead in writing compelling, factual, focused executive summaries.
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- A very high standard of written English, skilled in editing copy to correct grammar, spelling and punctuation with the ability to shape compelling responses.
- The ability to communicate with (and interview) subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines and at all levels of the business.
- Experience transforming complex technical information into clear, concise and compelling content.
- Strong attention to detail and error-free delivery.
- The ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
- Experience of the bid process - desirable but not essential.
- The ability to work with Word/Excel/Outlook (essential)
- Knowledge of InDesign – advantageous but not essential (training can be given)
- 3+ years’ experience within a technical copywriting role.
- Experience of working in a professional services environment, ideally built environment.
- Bachelor's degree in English language or literature, journalism, or similar.