The new Design Group for the National Infrastructure Commission (NIC) has been appointed with Professor Sadie Morgan as chair and our co-founding director Hanif Kara, among others, overseeing ‘excellent design’ for infrastructure in the UK.
Led by Professor Sadie Morgan, the National Infrastructure Commission are ‘champions for design excellence’ who will provide expert and impartial advice to the government on national infrastructure projects.
The work of the NIC will ensure that design is at the ‘beating heart’ of all new UK infrastructure without increasing costs and maximising project value across the nation.
The new Design Group consists of:
- Professor Sadie Morgan (Chair) – Architectural Designer – National Infrastructure Commissioner and Founding Partner of dRMM Architects
- Isabel Dedring – Lawyer and Management Consultant – Global Transport Leader at Arup
- Anthony Dewar – Civil Engineer – Professional Head, Buildings and Architecture at Network Rail
- Clare Donnelly – Architect – Director at Fereday Pollard Architects
- Andrew Grant – Landscape Architect – Founder and Director of Grant Associates
- Professor Hanif Kara – Structural Engineer – Co-founder and Design Director of AKT II
- Madeleine Kessler – Architect – Haptic Architects
- Lucy Musgrave – Urban Designer – Founding Director of Publica
- Judith Sykes – Civil Engineer – Director at Expedition Engineering
- Louise Wyman –Chartered Surveyor and Landscape Architect– Design Lead for the West Midlands Combined Authority
'Infrastructure is the engine for future growth and has the potential to generate and direct how we will shape the next generations. It’s important that its design quality responds to future needs of society at all levels.' - Hanif Kara on the NIC.
The NIC Design Group will meet four times a year (formally) to undertake research and examine infrastructure projects across the UK, advising the government.
Find out more about the National Infrastructure Commission by clicking the link below.